MUSIC PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY
Designed by musicians, for musicians, our Music Performance & Technology Diploma Program is built on a unique concept: to offer the complete range of industry knowledge required to take the art of performance to the professional level. Whether you are vocalist, guitarist, bassist, drummer, or keyboardist, this program will provide you with flexibility and space for personal style as you learn to perfect your business and music performance skills and master the technologies and computer applications related to your instrument.
In the Music Performance & Technology program, you will have access to the industry’s best and most influential music technologies as you work with exceptional instructors in the studio, on the stage, and in the classroom.
It takes more than being a good player to succeed as a performer in today’s highly competitive talent market, and knowing how to utilize current recording technologies to create your art is becoming increasingly important for today’s musicians and content creators. This educational break-through will allow passionate musicians to discover a myriad of opportunities and realize their personal creative ambitions.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Music Performance & Technology.
- Full-time, two-year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly prepared to take the art of performance to a professional level.
- Program modules are assessed by performance recitals, practical projects, assignments, tests, and examinations.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Arts & Culture
- Audio Post-Production
- Desktop Music Production
- Digital Technologies
- Live Show Systems
- MIDI & Synthesis
- Music Business
- Music Theory & Composition
- Principles of Sound & Acoustics
- Sight Reading
- Studio Production Technologies & Techniques
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to a performance audition. You may choose to complete either the Personal Performance Audition or Recorded Video Audition on one of the following: (1) piano/keyboards, (2) guitar, (3) bass, (4) drums/percussion, (5) vocals.
- It is also expected that applicants demonstrate keen interest in music performance, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- A guide to the application process can be found here.
ABOUT YOUR AUDITION ($75.00 NON-REFUNDABLE AUDITION FEE)
All MPT applicants must submit a complete Recorded Video Audition or complete the Personal Performance Audition in one of the following: (1) piano/keyboards, (2) guitar, (3) bass guitar, (4) drums/percussion, or (5) vocals. Your Admissions Counsellor can provide you with additional details.
MUSIC PERFORMANCE & TECHNOLOGY FAQ
- Video 1: About Me – Submit a video that tells us about yourself Include things such as who you are; you passion for music; your musical background; how long you have been playing or singing; any lessons or training you have taken; why you want to pursue a career in music; how important technology is to your music; your career goals; anything else that will help us get to know you and why you want to attend the Music Performance & Technology program at Metalworks Institute.
- Video 2: My Performances Song 1 – simply pick a song that you are comfortable with and that demonstrates the best of your abilities and submit a video of yourself performing it.
- Video 3: My Performances Song 2 – simply pick a second song that you are comfortable with and that demonstrates the best of your abilities and submit a video of yourself performing it.
Instrumentalists can play along with a pre-recorded track using headphones if they wish, but the accompaniment track cannot be audible in your video submission.
Please contact your Admissions Counsellor about audition dates for the Music Performance & Technology Diploma Program.
Music Performance & Technology Program Orientation Week
Orientation week typically occurs one week before the scheduled start date of the Music Performance & Technology Diploma Program. During this week, you will be introduced to Metalworks Institute’s staff, facilities, faculty, academic policies and procedures as well as your classmates. Students will also be assessed in the following areas:
· An evaluation of your performance technique.
· A general listening test, evaluating music related auditory skills which include general hearing, intervals, scales, triads and chords.
· An evaluation of your general knowledge of music theory.
· An evaluation of your general musicianship.
Please Note: Admission to Metalworks Institute’s Music Performance & Technology Diploma Program is based on the results of your audition. If you are not admitted to the program, it simply means that in the professional opinion of the audition adjudicators, another candidate’s potential was assessed to be at a higher level at this time. Applicants not accepted to the program are strongly encouraged to enroll in private music education to improve their skills and to re-apply or to speak with their Admissions Counsellor about other Metalworks Institute Diploma Programs and courses. We regret that we are unable to provide written copies of the audition adjudicator’s evaluations and comments.