MUSIC BUSINESS DIPLOMA
Encompassing all facets of the music industry, the Music Business program features courses of study that allow students to learn the essential business fundamentals and disciplines relevant in today’s fast-paced market. The program provides students with a diverse knowledge base and skill-set, leading to an unlimited array of exciting and challenging career opportunities. This courses in this program delivers students with the skills required to promote, market and manage entertainment events and their associated revenues; manage concert tours through planning, organizing and executing tour itineraries; to interact with musicians and entertainers as managers or agents; to understand the technologies used to produce and record music; to utilize social media platforms and the internet to build brand awareness in the entertainment industry and to understand and interpret a wide variety of entertainment agreements and contracts.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Music Business.
- Full-time, one year program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of the music business.
- Our contemporary program reflects our continuing commitment to comprehensive research and innovative curriculum development.
- A program that provides a comprehensive mix of quantitative, analytical and strategic skills.
- In addition to progressive business concepts and management practices, this program features topics that offer students a wide array of business disciplines relevant to the entertainment field.
- Prepare for a career in music management, music publishing, A&R, music licensing, music marketing, music promotion, publicity and broadcast.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Studios provides students with unprecedented learning environments and networking opportunities.
- Extensive networking capabilities derived through our educational partnerships with industry leading companies provide the most up to date information on trends and technologies impacting the entertainment industry.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Record Labels
- Music Publishing
- Music Management
- Artist Management
- Internet and Mobile Entertainment
- Intellectual Properties and Entertainment Contract Law
- Entertainment Marketing, Promotion and Publicity
- Financial Principles and Business Development
- Practical Business Software Technologies
- Practical Business Communications
- Business Ethics
- Concert Promotion
- Entertainment Technologies
- Broadcast Management
- Applicants must have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and may require an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicants demonstrate keen interest in the business of music and entertainment, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- A guide to the application process can be found here.
- 1 Year Full-Time Program
- 990 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-24 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended