LIVE SOUND DIPLOMA
The 30-week Live Sound program is designed to quickly develop your knowledge and practical skills in one of the entertainment industries most in demand careers: sound for concerts and live events. Combining a balance of essential theoretical knowledge with hands-on practical applications, this program utilizes the most current, progressive, sound reinforcement technologies available, taught by instructors with years of live industry experience. Our exclusive partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides an unparalleled learning environment, with access to leading industry equipment and facilities, all designed to prepare students for future opportunities in the production of music concerts, corporate events, theatrical productions, trade shows, exhibitions, conferences and multi-media presentations.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Live Sound.
- 30 week program strategically designed to get you thoroughly trained in all aspects of live sound.
- Intensive practical experience in the concepts and artistic styles used to design, setup and operate live sound systems for a variety of applications.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of sound technologies, acoustic principles, installation technologies, live recording technologies and audio signal processing applications.
- Prepare for a career as a live sound or system tech for concert tours, clubs, hotels, cruise lines, country clubs, resorts, entertainment complexes, banquet halls, conference and trade centers, corporations, casinos and live event production companies.
- Incredible opportunity to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with an unprecedented learning environment and networking opportunities in the live event industry.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Live Sound Technologies
- Analog and Digital Sound Systems
- Sound System Design
- System Installation Technologies
- Venue Acoustics
- Electricity and Electronics Principles
- Health & Safety in the Live Event Industry
- Show System Maintenance
- Principles of Digital Audio
- Audio Signal Processing Techniques
- Live Recording Techniques
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in the live event industry, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at https://metalworksinstitute.com.
- 30 Weeks – Full-Time Program
- 720 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-24 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are highly recommended