EVENT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT DIPLOMA
Planning, managing and executing a successful live event requires a unique individual armed with specific knowledge and skills. Specialists in event planning and management are vital to the success of all types of live events such as concerts, award ceremonies, trade shows, sporting events, charities, fundraisers, press conferences, business associations, sporting events, galas, weddings, social events and a wide variety of corporate events such as product launches, conferences, board meetings, seminars, team building and executive retreats. Event planners play an integral role in all aspects of live events, from concept to delivery – whether it’s choosing a perfect venue for a wedding, anniversary or birthday or coordinating and managing production, resources and staff for a trade show or entertainment event.
- Graduates earn a Diploma in Event Planning & Management.
- Intensive practical experience in the concepts and artistic styles used to conceptualize, manage and execute an extensive variety of live events.
- Extensive study and practical hands-on experience in the areas of design, planning, marketing, promotion, fundraising and sponsorship, budgeting and financial management, human resource management, risk management and customer service skills.
- Incredible opportunities to network and collaborate with students in other Metalworks Institute programs.
- Prepare for a career as an event planner in hotels, cruise lines, country clubs, resorts, entertainment complexes, banquet halls, conference and trade centers, corporations, casinos, production companies, charity or fundraising organizations, promotional companies and regional tourism organizations.
- Our exclusive educational partnership with Metalworks Production Group provides students with an unprecedented learning environment and networking opportunities in the live event industry.
- All of our full-time diploma programs are approved vocational programs under the Private Career Colleges Act 2005.
AREAS OF STUDY
- Event Planning and Design
- Event Financial Management
- Event Production Technologies
- Marketing & Promotion of Live Events
- Agreements & Contracts for Live Events
- Health & Safety
- Human Resource Management
- Business Ethics & Communications
- Business Technologies
- Applicants must have an OSSD or equivalent.
- Mature applicants are welcome to apply.
- Acceptance to the program is limited and subject to an academic assessment and acceptance interview.
- It is also expected that applicant’s demonstrate keen interest in business management, possess creative aptitude and computer literacy.
- Program applications and a guide to the application process can be found at metalworksinstitute.com.
- 30 Weeks – Full-Time Program
- 720 Hours of Instruction
- Typical class hours range between 22-24 hours per week
- 10-12 additional study hours per week are recommended